A prominent Medical products Manufacturer was looking for a replacement to a consumable that they had been enjoying excellent profit margins until its patent ran out. The new product was a new version of blood donation bag. This new bag design was part of the process to automate the separation of blood into its 3 different components while being centrifuged.
- Study and understand the Blood separation process and the prototype lab centrifuge with this capability
- Engineer and Design the Centrifuge with the appropriate instrumentation and devices on board to perform the task
- Electrical Engineering for power management and Motor control
- Critical Speed Analysis combined with Static FEA structural analysis
- Sand and Investment Casting Expertise in Engineering and Design
- Frameless motor Engineering parameters and mounting requirements
- Manufacture Ready data and documentation
- Engineering Prototype fabrication and assembly
- Ballistic Enclosure Engineering
All components were manufactured, assembled and tested with success. However, due to internal managements change in Business strategy the Technology along with its patents were shelved and never brought to production.