A Company looking to broaden its market share within the competitive packaging industry desired their own support equipment. The support equipment was a Foam in Place dispensing machine that Dispensed a 2-part mixture of foam between two layers of film and sealed along 3 edges.
(Aside: Decades ago, Foam in Place packaging was acceptable and wide spread, while advances in paper solutions and concerns about the environment has been changing that)
This company held a patent on a priority foam-based packaging material and they wanted to provide its clients with a better solution to dispense the Foam. The existing machines were poorly conceived and left room for much improvement. They felt by having a better machine it would increase their market share.
- Conferred with a leading expert on the existing Foam in Place machines presently in use on their short comings and strengths
- Targeted the Engineering efforts at over coming all the short comings of the existing machines while separating fact from opinion.
- Engineered the new machine while performing periodic design reviews while prototyping and testing improvements
- Combined Mechanical, Electrical and Industrial design to Engineer a far superior machine
- Delivered Manufacture ready database with complete documentation and first article inspections
Our client distributed 100’s of these machines that were well received and increased the Client’s Market share multiple times. The Company later spun off its Foam in Place into a separate division which ended up being sold and a substantial profit.