The Fire Hydrant is of Paramount importance when it comes to fire fighting. And while there have been numerous advances in the technology and equipment used to fight fires the Fire Hydrant has remained largely unchanged for decades. Fire Hydrants are often victims of misuse and vandalism, whether they are opened by pedestrians or their caps have been stolen and the Hydrant has been turned into a trash receptacle, these are major hazards to the fireman trying to fight a fire. A retired New York City Fireman and amateur Sculptor came to Adept with the Idea to create Vandal Proof Fire Hydrant.
- Capture the Visionaries Ideas and turn them into Engineering goals
- Create the Free surface vision of the Sculptor within the 3D Software
- Engineer a Unique, Robust and “Unpickable” method of securing the openings of the Fire Hydrant
- Identify all modes of possible entry and Engineer safe guards against them
- Engineer realistic solutions from the visions of the Inventor
- Manufacture working prototypes for testing and Evaluation
- Preparation and Support of Manufacture ready data package
Sigelock Hydrants are in production and being sold worldwide. Saving lives and reducing Fire Fighters stress each day.